Arbor Lakes Art Fair
Presented By The Maple Grove Arts Center
Hosted by The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes
The Maple Grove Arts Center (MGAC) is pleased to announce the Arbor Lakes Art Fair: previously named “Maple Grove Days Art Fair.” It will be located at the Shoppes at Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove.
July 14th 2018: 10 am - 6 pm
July 15th 2018: 11 am - 4 pm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Arbor Lakes Art Fair Schedule
Saturday, July 14th 2018
6:30 am – 9:30 a.m. Set up (no set up prior to 6:30 a.m.)
9:30 am – 10:00 a.m. Hospitality (location TBD)
10:00 am – 6:00 p.m. Arbor Lakes Art Fair
6:00 p.m. Shut down/remove valuables for the night
Sunday, July 15th 2018
8:30 am – 10:30 a.m. Set up (no set up prior to 8:30 a.m.)
11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Arbor Lakes Art Fair
(All booths must be off the street by 7.00 p.m.)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Eligibility and Jury Process
The Jury process is open to all fine artists, 18 and older who produce original, visual works of art. A panel of professional jurors from the (The Maple Grove Arts Center www.maple groveartscenter.org) will judge your submitted examples based on creativity, design quality, technical artistic skill and presentation.
Artwork must be in one of 14 categories (see Application form) and must have been completed within the last three years. Each artist who wishes to display and sell artwork must be individually juried and pay the jury and exhibition fee. Artwork examples must represent what is actually sold. Non-juried work will be removed.
Submit via email three (3) jpegs examples of your work and one (1) of your booth design. Email photos of your work: firstname.lastname@example.org. For each file, write a description of all artwork shown and its selling price. Painting submissions must list mediums used for each piece. Jewelry submissions must list pieces are handmade purchased items are not accepted. Hand-made fine art or fine craft items are preferred for this fine art fair. The Maple Grove Arts Center and panel of judges reserve the right to accept or reject any application.
The deadline for signed applications, photos and online payments is May 1st, 2018.
Maple Grove Arts Center reserves the right to limit the categories of artwork to ensure a balanced and varied event.
Notifications to artists will be on or before May 18, 2018 via email. If not accepted your booth fee, not jury fee, will be returned to the original funding source.
Cancellation (by vendor) terms: Jury fee ($25) is non-refundable under any circumstances
Booths are refunded as follows:
Upto 2/28/18 - 50% ($92.50)
From 3/1/18 - 5/1/4/ - 25% ($50)
5/2/18 onwards there are no refunds
Please complete the online application below and make an online payment via our secure credit payment software. Send 3 images of work and 1 booth set up to: email@example.com.
Also send your completed ST-19 and proof of insurance (we encourage all vendors to carry thier own insurance) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arbor Lakes Art Fair Information
- Outdoors display spaces are 10’x10’. Artists are required to furnish a white (or light color) fire-retardant tent with canopy, sides and pole weights (the venue is on paved streets). Cement, metal or authorized weights should be used unless approved by the committee. Remove dangerous items such as compressed air, hydrogen tanks etc. Saturday shut down. The tent and all artwork should be exhibited within the display area. Please review ART FAIR Information details. Tents must butt up to each other – no spaces between tents. This is so an emergency vehicle can pass by the tents.
- The ART FAIR will take place regardless of the weather, unless extraordinary conditions prevail as determined by the Maple Grove Police, EOC and the Maple Grove Art Fair Committee. All artists should provide 2 telephone numbers and must report to the arts center for information about weather or status of the art fair setup.
- Artists or Artist’s representative must remain in their exhibit area during all open hours, both days of the ART FAIR. When available, ART FAIR volunteers may be used for short periods. No smoking or alcohol allowed in the booths.
- Artists will retain all proceeds for the sale of their art and are responsible for collecting and reporting appropriate taxes. Artist’s valid Minnesota State Tax ID number must be included on application and displayed clearly at their tent.
- The exhibit fee is $200.00 for a 10’x10’ space. This fee is returned if not selected by the panel of jurors. Jury fee of $25 is not refundable. Between now and February 28th 2018, entrants will receive an “Early Bird” discount allowing them to apply with $185 booth fee and $25 non refundable jurors fee. After that, all entrants will pay $200/$25. Cancellations before February 28th will receive 50% of their booth fees back (jurors fee is non-refundable. Cancellations between March 1 - May 1st will receive 25% of their booth fees back (juror fee is non-refundable.) All cancellations after May 1st are paid in full and no refunds will be given. Late entries will be taken until May 11th with an additional $50 late charge added to their $200 booth fee and $25 jurors fee ($275 total.)